Michael DePasquale, Jr
Michael DePasquale, Jr. was quite literally born to be a Martial Arts Master. The son of Michael DePasquale Sr., Grandmaster of the Yoshitsune Waza style of Ju-Jitsu. Michael Jr’s Martial Arts career began at the early age of five, with Yoshitsune Ju-Jitsu in which he presently holds the coveted rank of Ni Dai Soke (Heir to the rank of Grandmaster). He has completed and has been certified by the FBI Instructors’ program. Additional training: Bergen Community College:. Business Administration, Bomb seminar attendance, Security Management, Inc (specialized in knife and gun disarmament). Defensive and offensive knife techniques. Mr. DePasquale has also had training in evacuation skills.
- Founder, Federation of United Martial Artists (FUMA – Crusade Against Crime)
- International Protection – Security Position Executive Surveillance
- Advanced Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Trainer of NYPD Defensive Tactics Instructors
- Trainer of 1st Division of the Armed Special Forces
- Trainer of FBI Personnel
- Trainer of U.S. Marshals
- Trainer of Postal Police
- Producer of Anti-Crime Television Show (FUMA Crime prevention Clinic)
- Conducted Crime Awareness/Anti-Rape Seminars
- Body Guard
- Author, Streetwise Safety Series
- Consultant, Corporate, Institutional, and Educational Security
- Creator, COMBAT CARDIO personal fitness/self defense program
- International Law Enforcement trainer
- Trainer of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Film Production Security
- Event Security
- Political Candidate Security
Michael has an extensive background in communications. He was the former Editor/Publisher of Karate International Magazine. KI was the largest full-color Martial Arts & Entertainment Magazine in the World. He is also the Information Provider/ Executive Director of the Martial Arts Worldwide Network, WWW.MAWN.NET. This is the largest single source of Martial Arts news, education and information in cyberspace with over 36,000 pages. Amongst his other ventures Michael has now completed filming his first feature length film as Executive Producer, Writer and Lead. Not only was he working with the stunt/fight coordination, but he also wrote three songs for the film. The “Cutoff,” is his company -- Screen Action Production’s — first step into the Mainstream.
- Regis Philbin (6 segm.) - Guest Speaker: Anti-crime / streetwise safety demo.
- Yo! MTV Raps - Guest Speaker: Anti-crime / streetwise safety demo.
- Nickelodeon - Guest Speaker: Anti-crime Message
- Attitudes - Guest Speaker: Handicapped / streetwise safety demo.
- The 700 Club - Guest Speaker: Handicapped / streetwise safety demo.
- 13 Week Mini Series - Producer: FUMA Crime Prevention Clinics
- "Chop/Chop" - (1967)Documentary first Martial Arts film produced in the US by a major Production Company (Paramount Pictures)
- “King of the Kick Boxers”
- “Blood Brothers”
- “China Heat: Paid in Blood”
- “American Shoalin”
- “The Power Within”
- “The Cutoff”
CREATOR/PRODUCER, ANTI-CRIME INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS
- Upright Street to Ground Grappling Submission
- Illegal Strikes, Strangulations & Holds
- Grappling for Karate Practitioners
- Police Defensive Tactics
- Falling with Immediate Recovery
- MDP Sr. Stick & Cane Techniques
- MDP Sr. Pressure Point Knockout Techniques
- MDP Sr. Te-Waza Hand Techniques
- MDP Jr. 10 Favorite Street Techniques
- Shark Bait Self Defense
- Black Belt Ceremony
- Grandmasters in Action
- Combat Judo/Streetwise Ju-Jitsu
- Action Film Seminar
- Combat Ju-Jitsu (4 tape series)
- Yoshitsune Ju-Jitsu (5 tape series)
- Ring Deadly Street Lethal (2 tape set)
Publisher / Editor:
Karate International Magazine: World's Largest full color Martial Arts / Entertainment Magazine. Ninja the Deadly Warrior: Martial Arts Magazine Combat Karate: Martial Arts Magazine Nin Ju Ka, The Deadly Art: Martial Arts Special Issue Magazine
- Monarch Illustrated Guide to Ju Jitsu - Book (Simon & Schuster)
- Ju Jitsu - Book (Simon & Schuster)
- Women's Guide to Self Defense - Book (Simon & Schuster)
- Learn the Martial Arts in Eight Weeks - Book (Simon & Schuster)
- Martial Arts for Young Athletes - Book (Simon & Schuster)
- Step By Step Guide to the Martial Arts - Book (Hamlyn)
- Who's Who in the Martial Arts Elite - Book (MDP Enterprises)
- Street Wise Safety for Women - Book (Charles E. Tuttle & Co.)
- Street Wise Safety for Children - Book (Charles E. Tuttle & Co.)
TRAINING & INSTRUCTION
- Graduate of the New York Academy of Theatrical Arts
- Studied with William Hickey of the H.B. Studios
Information Provider/Executive Director of the America Online sponsored Martial Arts Worldwide Network. (Keyword: MAW): The largest single source of Martial Arts Information.
Founder of the Federation of United Martial Artists (FUMA)- Crusade Against Crime and Drugs, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to pro-active programs of education and training in crime awareness and self-defense.
President of the International Federation of Ju-Jitsuans (I.F.O.J.J.). An internationally organization dedicated to promoting brotherhood and unity throughout the Martial Arts Community. At the age of 24 recognized by “Official Karate Magazine” as their ‘Martial Arts Star of the Year.’ AAU East Karate Championship (‘81)
Qualified for the Pan American Team Trials
Founder of the “Action Film Making Seminars”
To date he has also been inducted in 12 Martial Arts Halls of Fame.
Taught the 1st Division of The Army Special Forces, F.B.I., U.S. Marshals, Postal Police, the New York City Police Academy and many other law enforcement personnel.
Future projects include Combat Cardio and Police Defensive Tactics training.